Tasting - Six Hats Pinotage

 



Name: Six Hats Pinotage
Varietal: Pinotage
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2019
Price: $9.49

Tasting Notes from Boutique Wine Collection:

"Nose: Ripe black plum with violet and some black pepper. Palate: It is clean and fresh on the palate with notes of ripe strawberries and plums with hints of Hoisin and smokey bacon."
Source: http://www.boutiquewines.info/wine.php?supplier_id=94&winename=Six%20Hats%20Pinotage&varietal_id=26&country_id=

Wine Folly Notes - p. 152
  • Black Cherry, Blackberry, Fig, Menthol, Roasted Meat
  • Lots of alcohol
  • Big-Bodied
  • Very tannic
  • No acidity, not sweet
My Review:

This wine had a very strong, deep aroma. The smell was invasive, and it seemed like it was biting my nostrils. The aroma was deceptive, as the taste of this pinotage was much less intense than the smell. It was very dry and tannic, but also very fruity. It also had very little acidity. My observation of the fruit flavors, tannic-ness, and acidity agreed with the notes in Wine Folly, but I did not think it was as big-bodied as Wine Folly does. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience to have my nose fool my mouth.

I did not have this wine with food.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting - Larkspur Pinot Gris